Touchcard postcards can include discount codes in two distinct ways. The method preferred by most Touchcard customers is to let the app automatically generate a discount code that gets printed on every postcard.
This type of discount code is advantageous because:
- Each discount code can only be redeemed once.
- Each discount code has an expiration date, which adds urgency and increases conversion rates.
- Redemptions are automatically tracked by the Touchcard application.
This type of discount only needs to be set up once. After that every postcard sent to a customer automatically gets a unique discount code. Every code generated also gets registered with Shopify and can be viewed in the Discounts menu of your admin panel.
To set this up:
- Log into the Touchcard App
- Click ‘Edit’ on your automation
- Make sure the ‘Include expiring discount’ checkbox is ticked for the front, back or for both sides of your design.
- Set your Coupon Percentage and expiration (we recommend 15-20%)
- Drag the coupon to a place on the card where it’s visible
That’s it. Any postcard you send from then on will automatically include a unique discount coupon.
Note: There are some limitations with this type of coupon. At the moment it can only be a Percentage Discount (% OFF) coupon. If you want to have a coupon that supports free shipping or a Fixed Amount Discount ($ OFF), then you can use the method below:
- Create a coupon in the Shopify Discounts panel. Make sure not to include any restrictions such as expiration dates or usage limits.
- Include the coupon in your Postcard design. This way every postcard will have the same discount coupon printed on it.